The center was developed at UET as an initiative of Higher Education Commission. CEEC has been functioning since December 01,2008 and has trained almost 300 professional engineers. CEEC was established with following aims.
- Capacity building of engineers.
- Ability to engage effectively in the global economy.
- Development of indigenous capacity to ensure effective utilization of international aid.
- Promote quality of teaching and research.
- Emphasize the significance of communication & leadership skills.